The Poor Clares are happy to host this event – now in its 6th year and running! The Nun Run is their biggest annual fundraiser… and the most successful, thanks to YOU! Your participation is greatly appreciated! Your support moves them one step closer to realizing their dream of building a cloistered monastery in the heart of the Arizona desert. See ya at the Run!
The 6th Annual NUN RUN
The Nun Run is an annual fundraising event to support Our Lady of Solitude Monastery and the Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration in the Diocese of Phoenix. This race is for the novice runner and the competitive racer alike. It is a family-friendly event.
Also, check out the Race Info page for additional information and to learn about Parish Pride, School Challenge, and the Clergy Challenge. We pray that the Nun Run will continue to build up our community of friends, raise funds for the construction of the Monastery and also raise awareness of our otherwise hidden contemplative mission of adoration and intercession.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
- 6:00 a.m. – Participant check-in begins (race number & shirt) and late registration at Kiwanis Park
- 6:55 a.m. – Welcome by a Sister
- 7:10 a.m. – Course briefing and final instructions by 4 peaks racing
- 7:15 a.m. – Prayer with blessing and National Anthem
- 7:25 a.m. - Walk to starting gate
- 7:30 a.m. – The Nun Run 10km begins
- 8:00 a.m. – The Nun Run 5km begins
- 8:30 a.m. – The Nun Run 1 Mile Walk begins
- 8:45 a.m. – Awards presentation
* All times are subject to change